Caritas Cambodia is the social development arm of the Catholic Church in Cambodia and has been built on the values of Love, Concern, Peace, Unity, Sharing and Brotherhood. Caritas Cambodia first began its work in Cambodia in 1972 to help the victims of war, and functioned until 1975 when it was forced to leave the country. After the interruption during the years of the Khmer Rouge regime and the following years of conflict, Caritas Cambodia was re-established in 1990.
Caritas helps the poorest of the poor. We focus on the most disadvantaged, displaced, and vulnerable people and communities. Caritas works in solidarity with all people of good will and similar vision, and assists the poor solely on the basis of need, and not creed. We strive to promote human dignity, alleviate suffering, and foster charity, justice, and peace. We currently work in 12 provinces and support Village Development Associations in over 300 villages.
Since 2016 Caritas Cambodia has been developing its new strategic framework (2017-2021). As we enter into the next five years, Caritas Cambodia is committed to continue focusing and working with the poor, to empower them, promote justice, and integral development. Under its new framework, the vision, mission statement and guiding values have been slightly revised but built on the same foundation of serving the poorest of the poor and the most vulnerable communities. Our strategic framework (2017-2021) covers five pillars:
- Emergency Response, Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation, and Ecological Protection: An efficient and effective Disaster Management ensuring rapid response and Disaster risk Reduction and Ecological Protection
- Integral Human Development (IHD): Improve quality of lives of the poor through an integral development process
- Anti-human trafficking and Migration: Ensure safe migration and ending modern slavery
- Advocacy and Communication : Effective Communication and Advocacy
- Good governance : Effective and strong governance on humanitarian and social development work for the poor and vulnerable communities
A just society where the rights of the people, especially the poor and marginalized are respected and integral human development is attained
In order to achieve this vision, Caritas will be an institution to
- Contribute to enhance, promote; and protect human dignity of the poor
- Liberate them from the clutch of poverty.
- Commit to empower the poor through animation and holistic, inclusive development
Our work and achievement would not have been possible without the support of all partners from Caritas family and other partners/donors who have supported us financially and spiritually. Thank and convey our heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to all the partners/donors.
“We are committed to continue delivering lasting change to the poorest communities. The support from all donors and partners helps us to move forward our vision and mission”.
For more information about Caritas Cambodia, visit our website www.caritascambodia.org.
- Font Size
- Reading Mode